Buttonwoods - the millers house on Route 896 in Upper Oxford township, Chester County, Pennsylvania. Job Rustin, an early pioneer and French-Indian War veteran, built it, the adjacent grist mill, and the large manor house across the road. Following his death, son Thomas Rustin lived there for a while after the Revolution and rebuilt the grist mill in 1790. Shortly thereafter he sold the entire 425 acre estate to James McDowell, a Chester County Revolutionary War Captain and prosperous merchant. James' only son John was already farming the Rustin estate before his father's purchase. Upon his father's death in 1815 he inherited Butonwoods, the mill and 100 acres. These remained in the McDowell family until 1990. The manor house was owned by James' son-in-law John Aitken until the mid 19th century.